Sunday, March 28, 2010

Trey's Birthday

It seems like I just posted Trey's birthday party from last year, and here we are again already! I was just thinking about how Diana Bullock, my cousin and long time friend, posted some old birthday party pictures of hers on facebook and how fun it was to see everyone and try to remember everyone's names. Some of the people I haven't seen in years and others I have lots of contact with. Someday these pictures will be that same thing for Trey. It's fun to think about.
So Trey had another birthday, March 12! And we actually got to do it on his actual birthday this year, it was great! Usually his birthday is midweek, so we end up celebrating at home on that day and then again when his birthday party happens on the weekend. So only doing it once this year was great! We had it at the church, where there's lots of space and a big gym. We played some games in the gym, you know the good ones that we used to play when we were kids like freeze tag and red light-green light, a balloon relay and a pinata. Then we came in the room we had decorated for pizza, cake and gifts. It was simple and fun. And everyone had a blast.

I made these easy cupcakes that look like ice cream cones. You bake the cup cakes and put the cones on top before you put them in the oven. When it's done and cooled, frost and put some sprinkles on. So easy and cute.












Okay, I forgot, we did do a little bit more celebrating. For several months, ever since we went to Chevy's and Trey saw the hat that you get when it's your birthday, he has asked if we could go there for his birthday dinner. So the next night, we went to Chevy's. He loved it. I don't know how much he loved his food, but he sure loved his sombrero!

1 comment:

J, K, L, and D said...

Holy cow, Nanci - I can't believe Trey is 7. I feel so old. :)

Your family looks great. And you are as pretty as ever!

Followers