Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mud Party

I LOVE the time change! I love having longer evenings, especially as it starts to warm up a bit. We went for a late afternoon stroll last Sunday and found ourselves a mud pit! At first we were trying to avoid it, but then Trey rode his bike through it and got his feet all muddy. Then Justin wanted in. Sometimes I just have to let them do it, after all, they're little boys, and that's what they love! So we put Justin in there and then Seth wanted in too, why not!

Seth put his feet in and quickly decided it maybe wasn't for him. The problem was there were little rocks that hurt their feet, but it didn't stop the other two.




This is the picture I love the best. If you can see, Trey is holding Justin and helping him get around. He is so good about that. Justin's balance isn't very good and the terrain was difficult, but Trey was right there to help. Of course Ryan or I couldn't help because we didn't want to get our feet all muddy! :) This picture reminds me of this little statue that my mom gave me that sits on Justin's dressor. It's a little boy carrying his little brother and it says, "He ain't heavy Father, he's my brother!" My mom had it and I actually asked her if I could have it because it reminded me of these two so much. Trey lifts and holds and carries Justin so much without being asked, it's just part of him now. He really watches out for him. It is so sweet.

3 comments:

Amber and The Boys said...

Love it!! Can you imagine how much of a heart attack some moms would have about a mud pit like that?! Way to go for being a good boy mom. Seth looks WAY older than the last time I saw a pic of him.

Kristen said...

You are a good mom! We are so excited to see you guys soon! I miss that green grass...

hilary w said...

What a sweet picture of Trey and Justin! What a good boy to be such a helpful brother. That statue you got is perfect for them!

Followers