Friday, June 19, 2009

Special Kids Day

I'm being a little retroactive here for a bit. I've wanted to start a blog for a while, but just haven't got around to it until now. So there's some things I want to include even though they happened in the last months. So a couple of months ago, we were invited to Special Kids Day. Our son Justin has some muscle and balance problems and so he goes to a special preschool where he gets therapy for these things. The Lions Club sponsored this event for kids with special needs and their families. It was awesome. And the best part was that everything was free! We love free! There was live music, tons of food and treats, games, bounce houses, prizes, petting zoo and tons more. Justin is my little angel that is just the sweetest little thing. I knew that Heavenly Father sent me someone very special before we had any clue there was anything up with Justin. He is so happy and loving and makes me appreciate the little things. Justin seems to be okay cognitively, but just doesn't have a body that works as easily as the rest of ours. Sometimes it's hard to watch, that he can't run and keep up with the other kids, but his optimism and determination are contagious. While we were at this event, I kept thinking how grateful I was for Justin. There are a lot of other people that have it a lot tougher than him. Here are some photos.











No comments:

Followers