Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Today turned out pretty well, it turned out to be a great day. Let me run through it quickly...let's back up first though. Stayed up late last night almost finishing a long-time promised blanket for Ryan, which I don't have a picture of, but I'm pretty proud of. I made it from old scraps of blankets I had made for us several years ago. Ryan's very picky about his blankets, and he's very tall, so they have to be long enough to cover his feet! After church today, I made...get this...chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips! Isn't that funny! Well those are Ryan's favorite kind!!! They're actually pretty good, but I do prefer them with the chips. Then we made dinner, well I did, it's father's day, but he did do the grilling. We had family home evening and learned a little more about dad when he was young and then we hid sticky notes around the house of the reasons why we love dad. The boys had fun with that. Then we had World's Greatest Dad chocolate bars that some friends made for us and chocolate-less cookies for refreshments! It was great. The boys love FHE and especially the refreshment part!
Dad and the boys:



Some of our chocolate fun!




We got this cute idea from Family Fun Magazine to make a rock Dad, so Trey did it all by himself. He's my artist. He spent forever just picking out the rocks today! Turned out pretty cool!

We love Dad, Ryan, or whatever you want to call him! We're a lucky bunch to have him around!

1 comment:

Lacy said...

Hey, we got one of those chocolate bars, too, and it was so good. I know that because I ate it before Matt could try it!! Aren't I nice??

Your boys sure are cute,I love the pics!

Lacy

Followers