Sunday, June 28, 2009

Funnies

I have two funny stories that just happened recently. One was just today. I found out today at church that our friends don't have AC and it was over 100 degrees today, it was a scorcher. So we invited them over for dinner to escape the heat of their house. They were over for only about an hour or less when all of a sudden our power went out! So much for keeping them cool! So we were burning up all together! And then of course, just as they were heading out, the power came back on. Poor gang, they just can't keep cool!

The other story happened several weeks ago. I went to get my hair done and I asked the lady to put a little bit of bleach at my hairline right in the front. She didn't have time to rinse me, so she made sure I was headed right home to rinse it out myself. I assured her I was going right home. Well, on my way home, about two blocks from my house, my car died! I was almost in an intersection. I was freaking out, how could my car die with a bunch of bleachy gunk in my hair, of all the times! I thought my hair was going to fry off! And not to mention it looked like I had some head disease! So I remembered that water stops the processing of bleach, so I started pooring water from my water bottle into my hands and dumping it on my head and then rubbing it with Seth's diaper cloth. I did it several times until I felt it was sufficient, but by now I was looking rather scary! Okay, so now I fixed the hair problem (it still looked really scary), but now I had a car problem! Seth and I made our way out to the sidewalk and I made some calls to get the tow truck out there. My car was totally obstructing traffic, so they were sending a police officer. I waited and I waited and I waited, nobody came. By this time my preschooler who comes home to me on the bus was going to come any time now, but I was still hoping they would come first. They kept telling me on the phone that I HAVE to be present when the tow truck arrives. Well, I look up and there goes Justin's bus right past me, UGHHHHH!!! Well, I couldn't wait any longer, I had to leave my broken down car there all alone! So I grabbed Seth and we were weaving in the traffic to my car to grab my stoller when I heard a honking horn, I looked up at it was the police officer. I quickly explained the situation and he said he'd give my a ride to my house. So I buckled Seth in the back and opened the front door to sit down and there were guns everywhere all over the seat! Wow!! I didn't know they were that armed! So he puts the guns in the back with Seth, which I didn't really like! So he drives me to my house and I'm thinking, what is the bus driver going to think?!!! I'm not there and then I pull up in a cop car! Well, the bus was still waiting, luckily and I explained to him that I hadn't been arrested, it was my car that broke down. He liked to joke around with me about that one! So I got Justin, but my car was still out there and I was not. The police officer said he would have them tow it to the right place, so we just stayed home. Later on, the tow guy called me and was not very happy with me because I was not present. He said, "Next time mam, if you could plan things better..." I said, "What?! Are you kidding me? Do you think I planned this?!!!!" Anyway, it all worked out in the end, and we all got home safe, and my car got towed and then fixed, AND my hair was not fried.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are great stories! The 2nd one I'm sure is only a look back at and laugh story, not laugh in the moment. I can't believe the tow man would say that. Sorry that all that happened. When you have children life's experiences are a bit bigger.
We need to see a pic. of your hair do - (:

Kelsey said...

Oh my!!! Wow, what a fantastic story about the car breaking down...sorry you had to go through that, but you obviously lived and now have an awesome story to tell. I especially love how the tow truck driver asked if you'd plan it better next time. LOL!!!! I probably would have told him to shove it!!

Jen said...

I love this! I'm glad you shared it and your hair and kids are all fine! :)

Followers