Monday, October 11, 2010

Sweetest boys

I know I'm their mama, but I have the sweetest boys. I mean it, I really do. They all have their moments when I want to run away and put myself in time-out, and then they have those other moments where I couldn't be prouder. Trey in particular has been so sweet these past few days. On Friday we went for a walk. Trey was on his bicycle, Justin on his tricycle, and I was pushing Seth in the stroller. Justin kept telling me that his trike was not working, but I was thinking he was just tired. Finally I noticed that one of his tires was flat. He was right! So Justin was going to have to walk all the way home and I had to push the trike and the stroller home. We were literally at the furthest point from home on our walk. But Trey quickly said, "Justin, let's play follow the leader! Just follow me!" And he did. Trey rode really slow and stayed on the side of the road or the sidewalk and made Justin very happy to be playing a game on the way home and it kept him safe because he followed right where Trey was going. Now that was a proud mama moment. He got him home safely and happily.

Yesterday, we had another sweet moment. I went outside and Trey and Justin were playing baseball. Trey is so clever and natural with Justin. Justin's motor skills are slow and wobbily, but Trey knows exactly how to help him. When Justin was up, Trey set up the t-ball and had Justin hit the ball and Trey would go get it and slowly chase Justin while he ran the bases and then fall so he couldn't catch him and Justin would get a homerun every time. Then, when Trey was up, he put a hoola hoop where Justin should stand (so he knows where to stand to pitch) and had Justin pitch to him. Trey told him to pitch to the tree so it would go to the right spot. Trey stood in front of the tree and to the side of it and it was a perfect way to have Justin pitch to the right spot. He's so clever! Then when he'd hit it, he'd run really slow and always let Justin get him out. Man, if that's not a sweet kid, then I don't know what is. He had no prodding or urging from his parents to play with Justin and let him win or anything. He just did it. He's a good kid and I am extremely proud of him. I am so lucky to be the mother of such incredible boys.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I agree! What wonderful boys! That is a special and awesome relationship they have!

Followers