Sunday, August 2, 2009

Monster Truck Birthday Parties!

Trey and Justin just recently had birthdays. Trey's was in March, and Justin's in July. Trey had a monster truck birthday party, and when Justin's birthday came around, he wanted one too! So I basically did the exact same birthday party twice! It was great! Pretty much the only thing I did different was the cake. Same games, same party invites, same park, it was great! So here are some pictures from the two parties.

This is from Trey's party. The game--hot potato, but using a monster truck. It was really funny because the kids at Trey's party did great, but the kids at Justin's party were younger, so they just couldn't catch on very quickly that you were supposed to pass the monster truck quickly! They just wanted to keep it when it got to them.
Some of Trey's best buddies. Blake, Tyler, JT, and Tyler again.

I bought a spider man pinata because it was less than $5 at Food Max! Kids don't care if it doesn't follow the theme, as long as there's candy!

Trey breaking open the pinata, what a good shot!

Trey's cake. It was fun to make, it was a hit with the kids.
Trey's birthday morning. We had his party a different day. He's on his new bike.
Justin's birthday! He was sampling the cake batter! Actually it was brownie mix, not cake. Justin's cake was still fun, but easier and faster. I think he likes it.
Justin's cake.
Here's the pass the monster truck game at Justin's party. This little boy Daniel didn't want to pass it on! It was pretty funny.


Aunt Krissy (my sister) was in town for his birthday! It was so fun having her around, she stayed for a week.
Here's the pin the license plate on the monster truck game that we also played at Trey's. We used the same paper that I made for Trey's, glad I kept it! Again, the younger kids were a bit confused about what to do!

Justin taking a wack at the pinata. Again, Food Max has cheap pinatas, so this time we got a clown!
Lighting the candles.
It was about 100 degrees that day, poor Seth was so hot. We kept squirting him down with a squirt bottle to keep him cool.
Gift time!



3 comments:

Laura said...

Such a fun party! I'm going to have to keep all those fun ideas filed away in my brain for when Josh is older.
Your boys are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Great parties Nanc. I love the "pin the license plate on the truck game". Who's the artist?

Anonymous said...

your kids have a great party. When i was young I also want a monster truck birthday party since i really love monster truck. Sadly instead of monster truck birthday party my father decided have a look like picnic party. There is a little pond, small fishing net and a fishing rod. Instead a monster truck i got this
boom trucks as my father's gift. Although I'm a bit disappointed but i manage to love what he gave after all it's my father's gift.

Followers