Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July weekend

Whew! We had a busy, crazy, really fun weekend! We did a ton of stuff, for us anyway. Doing a lot can be difficult with little ones, but they're real troopers and had a great time! On Thursday, July 2nd, we went to a local show and fireworks display here in Concord called The Singing Flag. My friend and I went at 6am and put out blankets for the evening show, I can't believe I did that. I've never done that before, we're more often the type of people that go at the last minute and squeeze in somewhere, but this was great! We had great lawn spots and I can't believe how much I got done that morning before anyone else in my house was awake! We met up with some other families and had a little potluck before the show. Kristen if you're reading this, you're amazing. She brought her table and crockpot full of food and 4th of July plates and so much more. It was great fun.


Yum yum!

Seth is seriously the biggest little ham! He is the best smiler you'll ever meet! Well, I guess Justin is quite the smiler too :) But whenever you just point the camera in Seth's direction, he puts on a huge grin for you! I wish I looked so cute in all my pictures.


Trey with our friends the Edwards. They're moving to Utah, and we're really sad about that!!
On Friday, Ryan had the day off and we went to the Berkeley Marina. It was windy, and a bit chilly, but that's San Fran for you! We went to go to this cool playground which was closed, so we found other things to do. Here's the pier that we walked out on, it was super windy.

It's difficult to get a picture of Seth when he's not looking and smiling, but Ryan managed to get one in! (Not that we don't want the smiling ones, those are really the best.)



We found a rocky beach for the kids to play around in. It was just as good as the playground, if not better. Justin was sopping wet in no time, typical Justin!




Here's the ham again!

We finally decided to let Seth out. He loved it, no matter how uncomfortable those rocks were, he didn't mind!

Nice.


Nice dance moves! Tah dah!!
Okay, now we're to the fourth of July. We went to a parade in the morning.

Interestingly enough, about the most exciting things in the parade, were the mexican cowboys. The Mexican restaurants had bands and horses that danced. There were some pretty non-exciting things walking by. Actually it was a fun parade, it got better as it went on. Trey counted his favorite cars, 53 of them! Not too many that weren't his favorite!



Trey on the bounce house thing.

Now, the evening fireworks. Now this was more our typical fashion. We showed up right before the fireworks started! It definately wasn't as fun as the other one. In fact, it was pretty cold, but we enjoyed the fireworks.
Trying to take a picture ourselves, doesn't quite work. We got half of Seth.
Still doesn't work out quite right! Now half of Justin.

4 comments:

yours truly said...

ah, berkeley... I went to school there. :) go bears!

I'm in Boston now. I was just in California for a visit though-- drove through Concord last night on my way to the airport. too bad I didn't know you were there!

Teresa said...

Yeah!! I am so happy to see you started a blog. It is the BEST way to keep up with people. I know my old friends children so well now, because I watch their blog.
Sounds like you had a great 4th weekend. Getting out and seeing new things is the best! I will definitely be adding your link to my blog. (which I haven't done in like a month by the way, my sisters are going to kill me, maybe that will be on my list today.)
T

Katie said...

Nance - your kids are so cute! :)

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

Hi Nancy - darling pictures - so sorry for my rudeness today with VT - so much pressure and so little time plus an old debate that I was just not up for today. Please forgive me...thanks for taking the time and energy to stop by. Next month should be much better.

Followers